Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Gotta Have Water

I just got finished watching the Frozen Planet series (thanks to the DVR). When watching documentaries, I always try to keep things in perspective. As in most cases, facts are given for such a small period of time, in years or decades, when the earth is millions of years old.

 I also try to take something out of a show like this and with Frozen Planet, it's our love affair with water, especially living by water.


What I find astonishing, in the US the coastline makes up only 17% of the land area, but over half (52%) of our population lives there! I also found another fact, that the remaining 50% of our population, roughly 27%, lives by other types of waterways, ie: rivers and lakes.

What is it about having a lake house or a beach house? I ask this question out of sincerity as I love the mountains and I sink like a rock when I swim.

 Give me your thoughts on your reasons for the passion for water. What draws you to live by the ocean or lakes or other waterways?

Not to give you a buzz kill, but if we listen to the scientists, Greenland's and Anartica's ice shield is melting so fast that the ocean will rise many meters within the next few decades, which may wash your waterfront home away.

Between me and you...not buying it!




No comments:

Post a Comment